Thursday 22 December 2016

Dear You!

Here comes the end of the year...or I can say the rollercoaster ride where all of us in some way or the other saw various ups and downs as well as created some memories to live with. A year is a whole package that brings a number of closed envelopes which slowly and gradually open up when the right time comes in. These envelopes are like the box of chocolates ( sorry for tweaking my favorite dialogue from the movie Forest Gump,but hey that's fine with you right? ). You never know what you really get till you actually go through each one of these envelopes. We meet new people, go to new places, experience different emotions , go through happy moments , sad moments and even emptiness that feels nothing at all. We cry, we laugh, and sometimes we do nothing . But all of us go through them.

Let me start with my experience of 2016. This year has been a watershed in my life. This is the year where few things changed completely . This is the year where i took a step forward(which took a lot of courage i must say), i left few things , few people behind and from then, there has been no looking back for me. I would not call 2016 as a year because it has been more than that for me. It was a phase where i went from soul searching to re-defining myself. I started to realise that the whole universe is inside of me. The happiness, the contentment and the sense of fulfillment that i was looking for in places where i lost them and in people who took them away from me , was not the right thing to do.

I will not say that i have become a "gyaani" or a preacher who knows everything about life and associated emotions but atleast i have started the journey. Life is all about living and learning with each passing day. Its about being aware of yourself and everything around you more and more.

This year has been a silver lining for me not only because i made some progress towards my career but also because i finally found the love and light burning inside me which until now i had been searching somewhere else. What makes this year even more special is that i met a soul so different yet so similar to mine, a soul that i am looking forward to learn a lot from.

Till now you must have made an impression that my year has been on a good note ...but let me tell you that's not the case. This year had been a mixed bag giving me a rush of all sorts of emotions whether happiness, sadness, anxiety, emptiness, frustration, anger and the list goes on. The whole struggle that i had been going through in my personal life , the dilemma of holding on or letting go, was in itself the biggest cause of suffering for me. But what i did was i focused on the good part and sidelined the other. And my dear friend,this is the key to happiness.

We cant fret and crib over the things we didn't want or expect to happen. This is not how it works. Moreover, our lives would become completely boring if everything happened according to our wishes , just as boring as experiencing a same weather throughout the year. Let it all come in, think in your mind that come hell or high water, but i must go on.

All i want to say to You as the year is ending is that forget the things , the memories and the people that caused you pain. Forgive them if you can because that's the only way you can move forward swiftly and peacefully into the coming year. Let universe create some magic for you, let it build some bridges for you to cross over the hell. Let it help you find people who will love you for who you are,  let it help you make some new beautiful memories. But for that you must clear your shelf of all the past settled dust. Let it all go away. Clear your mind and heart of the grudges and pain that you are still holding on to. And witness some life changing and thrilling stuff unfurling in your life.

Meet you next time, till then keep smiling.
Love,
Nidhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment